Today students are bringing home a Math Review/Enrich Chapter 1 packet. One will be sent home during each chapter. It is optional and can be used at your discretion. If your child needs some extra practice, do the front reteach pages. If your child needs a challenge, do the backs or both. It is completely up to you.
On Monday, students will be bringing home their first spelling tests. Here are some things you will notice. Students are not tested on every word they practiced for the week. The words they were given had to be spelled correctly AND put in the correct category. In addition, they were given “bottom” words. These words may be unfamiliar to them but follow the pattern they studied. This is to see if they have learned the patterns and can apply them to unfamiliar words.
I haven’t blogged much this year because I moving over to this new site. Also, I’m using Remind this year. Take a look around. Use the left column of the blog to navigate, or click on navigate if you are using a smartphone.
Tonight is the last night of math homework.
Today is a half-day. Dismissal is at 11:15.
We are encouraging kids to wear red, white, or blue tomorrow.
1. Our session is from 8:20 until 10:35. We begin at the Scrabble Scramble station. It is the station closest to 146 and the pond.
2. If you are joining students for lunch, it is from 11:52-12:37. Reminders from the cafeteria:
- They can bring in a towel or blanket to sit on.
- They must sit with their class. Parents are welcome to sit with the class as well, but students must stay with their class.
3. Please send your child with a labeled water bottle.
4. The temperatures look to be in the 50’s while we are out.
Library will be Tuesday at 10:30 instead of Wednesday. Please make sure students have their books with them tomorrow. It will be the last week to get books. Thank you!
Tomorrow second graders are asked to wear red for our Earth/Arbor Day Celebration.